Zart Education loves the Children’s Book Council of Australia’s Book Week!
In continuing our partnership with the CBCA in 2021, Zart’s art activity publication celebrates the theme Old Worlds New Worlds Other Worlds. links art making to literature to extend students’ knowledge and skills around understanding and evaluating the stories being told. This gives students the platform to make meaning, express their thoughts and emotions, and present ideas and opinions about their world.
Zart seeks to support art teachers, classroom teachers and librarians by fostering the love of Australian Literature and celebrating the rich link between art and literacy in our students.
- Teachers resource publication celebrating CBCA Book Week
- In-depth essay with literary links exploring the theme, Old Worlds New Worlds Other Worlds
- Activities and discussions are curriculum-linked and perfect for artroom, classroom and library teachers.
- It includes art making activities based on the six shortlisted early childhood books and six shortlisted picture books.
- It celebrates the rich link between art and literacy.
- This publication is supported by the Zart Education workshop program.
The 2021 theme as chosen by The Children’s Book Council of Australia (CBCA) is “Old Worlds New Worlds Other Worlds”.
For so long now, the Children’s Book Council of Australia and CBCA Children’s Book Week have supported art teachers, classroom teachers and librarians in fostering the love of Australian literature by capturing the imagination of young people. The value is immeasurable. It encourages creative, informed and positive social engagement by highlighting the importance of storytelling. Zart is a very proud partner of the Children’s Book Council of Australia.